Rehab To Home
Linn Community Nursing Home prides itself on success stories when Residents are able to return to a more independent setting, including returning to home. Our therapist work hard to achieve the best possible results for our Residents.
TO HELP OUR RESIDENTS REACH THEIR GOAL OF MORE INDEPENDENT LIVING WE
- Start with a team of experienced professionals who are advocates committed to caring for our residents;
- Identify short and long-term goals and a create a care plan that maps out how to reach those goals;
- Provide daily treatment to foster growth and achievement;
- Transition to a course of restorative care, when appropriate, to test the durability of newly acquired skills and to continue to improve stamina;
- And, involve family and at-home caregivers to keep them informed and to prepare them the support the patient upon discharge.
- Our aggressive discharge planning ensures an individual has all the adaptive equipment, home modifications and training to ensure success once they are home.
Our Occupational Therapists will work with our Residents to increase independence with activities of daily living (ADL’s) including bathing, eating, dressing, self-care and home management tasks.
Safety awareness and fall prevention education is also provided by our Occupational Therapists.
SERVICES OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY OFFERS INCLUDE:
- Upper body strengthening, to have the ability to dress, toilet, and other activities necessary to return home;
- Transfer training, to be able to safely demonstrate the ability to get up and transfer;
- Wheelchair management, for those who are wheelchair-bound so they are comfortable and are at a low risk of skin breakdown;
- Cognition to make sure Residents’ can rationally demonstrate they are safe, in order to return home.
Our Physical Therapists will work with our Residents to regain strength and balance and also improve mobility. Based on the findings of our initial assessment, individualized exercises and education will help the Resident meet their rehab goals as quickly and safely as possible.
OUR ADVANCED PHYSICAL THERAPY PROGRAMS INVOLVE
- Exercises to improve muscle strength
- Balance activities to reduce the risk of falls
- Ambulation training to regain the ability to walk again
- Home assessments to make sure the home is safe for the Resident
- Provide a home exercise program to continue, if discharged
The role of the Speech Therapist is to improve functional communication and cognitive skills of all of our Residents. They also monitor and modify swallowing techniques and introduce diet modifications and special feeding techniques when necessary for Residents who have decreased abilities in these areas.
SPEECH THERAPY INVOLVES
- Developing an effective plan of care to reach maximum level of function.
- Utilize appropriate evaluation tools and accurately complete evaluations in swallowing and cognition.
- Set up appropriate diet for each Resident with the lowest risk of choking or aspiration pneumonia.
- Determine each Residents’ level of safety at home.
If you or a loved one have been recently hospitalized and feel you may benefit from any of these services, contact us by email email@example.com or 785-348-5551.
LinnCommunity Nursing Home